The Things They Said: A Compilation of Some of the Entertaining Comments of Small Children (and a few not-so-small-children)

When I got off of Facebook the end of last year, I started keeping a record of some of the cute and hilarious things my siblings (and other small children) said, so I could share them here, since that was one thing several people said they'd miss seeing me post. I had every intention of posting various installments on here, perhaps every month or two, with all these entertaining snippets.
I very dutifully kept this list up...for the first four months of the year. After that, I simply forgot to keep keeping track. That list lived quite nicely, and mostly forgotten, on my phone. Until today. So without further ado...



Sibling: "The thing with winter is that it's supposed to be nice holidays and everything, but everybody wears dark colors, like they're going to a funeral. "

Esther, turning in circles: "I feel like I'm spinning in a tornado..."

One sibling to another: "You're just a fragment of my imagination."

Joshua, getting up off the couch during a movie: "I need some coffee."

Sister: "My husband is imaginary."
Me: "Mine too."
Different sister, in a (trying to be) eerie voice: "But soon he wooon't beeee."

Joshua was hanging out with me while I worked in my room.
Me: "I need to you to come out. I've gotta go to the bathroom."
Joshua: "I'm gonna come with you."

Cousin, holding up an almond: "This is a sunflower seed. It grew really big."

Cousin: "Do you know what this green nut is?"
Me: "Is it a pistachio?"
Him: "Yes. And do you know what pistachios taste like? They taste like really really hard grass."

Cousin, complimenting my babysitting skills: "Rebekah, I think you're really good at watching us for a long time."
You know, a couple hours.

Esther: "...Yeah, Mom doesn't like evolution, but Dad does.."
Animation, dear. Animation. Dad likes animation, not evolution.

Brother: "Are you okay?"
Me: "Do I *look* okay?" (I was super sleepy, and it showed) Then, to reassure him: "I'm fine."
Him: "You look like you've been laying on the couch for days."
Me: "Are you saying that my hair's a mess?"
Him: "Uh, I need to go..."
(Smart boy)

Brother: "Hey Rebekah, you're the oldest sibling, RIGHT?"
Me: "Yeeeaah?"
Him: "So do you want to do me a favor?"
Sister: "What do you want her to convince Mom and Dad of for you this time?"

Sister: "I can't decide if you'd make better slave, or a better princess."
Me: "Excuse me??"
Her: "I've really been thinking about it today. I mean, you're really handy...but you're SO beautiful, too."
Thanks. I think...?

Esther, watching Mom put together a lettuce salad: "Can we make up this thing called "chocolate salad", where we put chocolate on our salad?"

Sister, coming up to me: "_____ said that I look like you!"
Me: "Okay...?"
Her: "And I told him that I would tell on him!"
Am I supposed to be offended that someone said my gorgeous little sister looks like me? #idontthinkso

Joshua was trying to get into my room, but couldn't, because my door was locked.
Joshua: "I need to talk to you!"
Me: "I can hear you."
Joshua: "I need to tell you a story."
Me: "I'm listening."
Joshua: "Once upon a time, there was stuff."

Joshua, yelling: "WabekUH! WabekUH!"
Me, coming out of my room: "What?"
Joshua: "I don't have any more coffee. I need some more coffee."
Me: "You need to eat your eggs."
Joshua: "Before I have more coffee?"
Me: "You don't need more coffee. You've had enough for a two year old."
Joshua: "But I do need more."

Esther, yelling at Joshua: "Joshua! Be quiet, I'm trying to pray!"
Joshua, yelling back: "I'M TRYING TO PRAY TOO!"

When Mercy was a day and a half old, I asked Joshua what her name was, to see if he remembered. Joshua: "It's not named 'Calcium'..."
Me: "No, it's not. Her name is Mercy."
Joshua: "But I like calcium. It's yummy."
 
THE END.
Well, for now at least. Maybe I'll start another compilation, and keep it going bettter this time. Thoughs?

As shameless side plug, go check out my Lilla Rose site, because thhere's sale going on now thorugh midnight (Pacific time) tomorrow, and everything's 15%-50% off.

Also, take a peek at my Etsy shop, because I have a bunch of totally adorable stuff listed right now, and you get 15% off any purchase, withthe coupn code "BLOGFRIEND." 

So, yeah, go check them both out. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Menu Monday: Trim healthy Waffles - E

Menu Monday: Meatballs, Green Beans,and Cheesy Cauli